Givaudan: Download company news
Geneva, March 24, 2022
2022 Annual General Meeting
- All Board proposals approved
- 21st consecutive dividend increase representing a 3.1% year-over-year increase
- Election of Tom Knutzen as a new member of the Board of Directors
- Re-electionof all other Board members, including the re-election of Calvin Grieder as Chairman
Givaudan SA’s Annual General Meeting took place on 24 March 2022 and, given the continued uncertainty around COVID-19, the meeting was limited to the statutory meeting with a minimum attendance required from its representatives . Shareholders provided their voting instructions to the Independent Voting Rights Representatives in writing or via a secure online platform. Instead of the traditional meeting, Givaudan has once again donated the sum of CHF 200,000 to the Givaudan Foundation to support a number of worthwhile projects in our communities.
“It is with great disappointment that once again we have not been able to hold an in-person annual meeting
General Meeting due to the persistence of the pandemic situation and the associated health risks for our shareholders and employees. We continued to respond with agility to the continued impact of the global pandemic, turning challenges into opportunities. I would like to thank our colleagues, customers, partners and suppliers for their great collaboration and commitment to all that we have achieved. I would also like to thank our shareholders for their continued commitment and interest in Givaudan.”
Calvin Grieder, Chairman of the Board
The General Meeting approved the 2021 management report, the annual accounts and the consolidated accounts with 99.44% of the votes and discharged the members of the Board of Directors with 98.80% of the votes.
With 90.97% of the votes, it also approved, in an advisory capacity, the report on the compensation of the Company.
The General Meeting approved the distribution to shareholders of a cash dividend of CHF 66.00 gross per share. This is the twenty-first consecutive dividend increase since Givaudan listed on the Swiss stock exchange in 2000. The amount will be paid out of available earnings as an ordinary dividend, taxable in Switzerland, on March 30, 2022.
Givaudan International SA
Chemin de la Parfumerie 5 1214 Vernier Switzerland
Telephone +41 22 780 91 11 · givaudan.com
Geneva, March 24, 2022
Tom Knutzen was elected as a new member of the Board of Directors for a one-year term ending at the end of the next Ordinary General Meeting of Shareholders. All other current Board members were re-elected, each for a one-year term until the next Annual General Meeting in 2023, in accordance with legal requirements and Givaudan’s Articles of Association. This includes Mr. Michael Carlos and Prof. Dr-Ing. Werner Bauer, who were presented for re-election on an exceptional basis despite having exceeded the age limit of 70 at the time of the 2022 Annual General Meeting, to ensure the continuity of the Board of Directors during the continuation of the COVID-19 pandemic.
- Victor Balli*
- Teacher. Dr-Eng. Werner Bauer*
- Lilian Biner
- Michael Carlos
- Ingrid Deltenre*
- Olivier Filliol
- Sophie Gasperment
- Calvin Grieder (also re-elected President)
* Also re-elected to the Compensation Committee for a one-year term.
Mr Manuel Isler, lawyer, was re-elected as independent shareholder representative until the next Ordinary General Meeting in 2023 and Deloitte SA was re-elected as Statutory Auditor for the 2022 financial year with Mrs Karine Szegedi Pingoud as as lead auditor, partner.
Finally, the Annual General Meeting approved the remuneration of the Board of Directors and the Management Committee. In particular, it approved:
- maximum total amount of the remuneration of the Board of Directors for the term of office until the Annual General Meeting 2023 of CHF 3,500,000, by 98.67% of the votes,
- total short-term variable remuneration of the Executive Committee for the 2021 financial year of CHF 5,461,355 by 97.41% of the votes and
- maximum cumulative amount of fixed charges and long-term variable remuneration of the Executive Committee for the 2022 financial year of CHF 15,400,000, by 91.86% of the votes.
For more information, please contact
Pierre Bénaich, Head of Investor Relations and Media
J +41 22 780 9053